Substitute sauerkraut into your menu
It’s easy to get healthy sauerkraut into many recipes
Kraut is a super-food powerhouse that can be enjoyed in many different ways: as a side-dish, tasty topping, or key ingredient. Plus, watch our recipe videos for quick and profitable menu ideas.
From quick serve to fast casual, kraut is an affordable way to add zest to any restaurant’s offerings.
- Replace lettuce with sauerkraut on nachos or tacos.
- Next time you prepare a stuffed pepper, fill it with kraut.
- Use kraut to make a salad with a kick. Top it with an oil-based salad dressing.
- Sauerkraut Cupcakes! Replace high-fat butter and oil in a German chocolate cupcake batter recipe with sauerkraut and applesauce.
- How crazy do you want to get? Instead of a JagerBomb™, make a KrautBomb by combining 1 oz. Jagermeister™ and 3 oz. kraut juice. Prost!
- For coleslaw or oriental salad, use drained and rinsed sauerkraut to save yourself the time of chopping up cabbage.
- Add rinsed kraut to fried rice for extra crunch.
- Use rinsed sauerkraut instead of coconut flakes in cookies and cakes.
- Putting sauerkraut in stir-frys and egg rolls instantly gives the dish a complex Asian flavor.