Kraut Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lay chicken breasts on a baking sheet brushed with oil. Season each chicken breast with salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- Fill each chicken breast using cheese, prosciutto, 1 apple, and kraut, dividing evenly and keeping filling away from edges. Beginning at the narrower end of the chicken breast, roll up, enclosing filling and tie with kitchen twine to secure. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken to preheated oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 160°, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and allow to rest.
- Add wine, stock, and lemon to a medium saucepan, over high heat. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove string from chicken and cut to ½” thick slices.
- Combine spinach and apples in a medium bowl and dress with lemon juice, olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top sliced chicken with sauce and serve with fresh spinach apple salad.