Benefits of Sauerkraut
Kraut is a healthy powerhouse!
The health benefits of sauerkraut will Change Your Krautlook
When you feel good, it can change your outlook on life. Sauerkraut is a healthy way to feel good now and down the road:
- Fights cancer: isothiocyanates found in sauerkraut helps to prevent cancer growth in the breast, colon, lung, and liver
- Helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer: eat cruciferous vegetables several times a week
- May help prevent childhood cancer: pregnant mothers who eat kraut pass along Indole-3-Carbinol to their babies
- Reduces risk of heart disease: kraut is packed with flavonoids
- Improves digestion: probiotic bacteria create lactic acid, which provides digestive system balance
- Relieves IBS: a clean digestive tract helps reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Plus, kraut is an affordable way to lower cholesterol and can have its sodium reduced with simple rinsing.